Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th January 2014, 05:48 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Betfair glitch?

I don't know how many of you place a bet with Betfair using their mobile app website. Of an evening I'll sometimes place a bet on my iPad, but there is a 'glitch' evident when you place a Lay bet. You'll get the fright of your life!

Attached is a SP bet placed on 'Where And When' the other night. It was for $1000 liability. You'll note that the confirmed bet displays that my liability if the horse wins, is $244,290! What the.....??

I raised it with them some time ago and their response was:

"Our Technical team have discovered that the issue is a bona fide 'bug'. Whenever someone places an SP lay bet with an odds limit, the liability will be mis-reported as though it was the profit of a back bet. They've also advised that internally, the bet is processed correctly, so I can assure you that the intended liability is the actual liability and all bets will be settled correctly.

The error has been escalated onto our mobile development team and will be fixed in a future release
."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Where and when.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  21.0 KB  
Old 29th January 2014, 07:15 AM

Another winge. This morning I find they have changed their results site. The only info provided are winners and placegetters. Not happy.
Old 29th January 2014, 07:22 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Another winge. This morning I find they have changed their results site. The only info provided are winners and placegetters. Not happy.

I spotted that last night too, on the iPad, it's a shocker. Once the race is run you lose all the prices Back, SP & Lay for all the non placegetters. On my desktop computer it's still the old screen format though, maybe because I never log off? So I suspect it's only for mobile apps? Not game to check. I'm going to fire in a complaint though, they're trying to be like the corporates more and more.
Old 29th January 2014, 07:47 AM
Banned

Default Why????

Hi RP

Why change something that was not broken???

Can't do any research either as the old results etc are the same as the new format.

What other sites allow lay betting and give past results?

I think you did mention an Asian site in another thread?

I am doing so well with Betfair laying so I hope nothing else changes.

Regards
Ted
Old 29th January 2014, 11:58 AM
Banned

Do not use the app so cannot comment but the results website is still working as it has been with full prices eg

https://racing.au.betfair.com/#!/be...6/236427860/win
Old 29th January 2014, 12:14 PM

Well its not on my computer. Yesterday I had a call from my Betfair rep. Strange that he did not mention this forthcoming change. If he had left the call till today he would have copped an earful.
Old 29th January 2014, 02:13 PM
Banned

So on the link in my post above you do not see a list of all horses in finishing order with these columns filled with relevant data? -

Margin
Betfair SP
Tote Extra
Best of 4
Top Fluc
Tote Tatts
Adv%
Old 29th January 2014, 02:34 PM

I just tried it for the third time. When it opens up from your link it is on Goul R6 from yesterday and includes all starters. But as soon as I click on any other race I only get the 1st 3. So maybe it is a glitch and not intentional?
Old 29th January 2014, 02:40 PM

You have to click the 'Win' tab as it defaults to the 'Dividends' tab each time just above the runners. Try that and you should get all runners in order as per stugots link but on any race.
Old 29th January 2014, 02:49 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Well I've been out and just came home to see what a mess they've made of it. I just got off the phone to them and for what it's worth gave them a blast. The BF bloke said it was a change brought about by customer requests. I told him %#!!@$%#!!

With the old page, I told him, I could see at a glance the last 4 starts, could put them in order of favouritism etc. Why are they trying so hard to lose customers?