Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th December 2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Default Race filtering software

Howdy,
I need to do some historical analysis of races using filters

Could someone recommend any that include great post sales support and perhaps new custom filters that may not be already included and perhaps some alterations to the software if I need it

Like Excel spreadsheet support too if needed

Most software on the market probably has everything that would do the job well enough though I would like to compare
Old 24th December 2014, 06:25 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse
Howdy,

Could someone recommend any that include great post sales support and perhaps new custom filters that may not be already included and perhaps some alterations to the software if I need it

Most software on the market probably has everything that would do the job well enough though I would like to compare

First question, are you going to be wanting an analysis based on Betfair Back, Lay or SP prices? If so, beware of any database that offers only Betfair WAP...useless! For the other 3 prices, then Betfair's historical data (free) is a good start. It probably has about 10% errors, many can be found using excel filters though.
I have never found the perfect database, and many pros compile their own to suit their personal agenda. It's a complex subject. I'd write a bullet list of exactly what you want and run it past the two providers that advertise on this forum.
Old 24th December 2014, 06:52 PM

Hi,

Our Historical research tool will do that. At $396 annually we deliver the files next day so you can continue to see the progress of your research. Excel export and custom programing is available. If you have ratings we can facilitate for you to plug them into our database and analyse them as well. There are tons of unique tools and information not found in normal form guide. We cater for the more astute punters, requiring clean, accurate data with facilities to rate races PRE and POST race, analyse data , make comments, profiles and black book, create system and test betting scenarios/analysis. You can even create your own ratings and help is always available. You can find more info at www.ratings2win.com.au. We support this forum. Call us to further discuss your needs.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 24th December 2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse
Howdy,

It's so funny with this commercial site where there are a number of sellers of products but you ask for one on the forum. Don't get me wrong, I never look at any of the ads either.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 25th December 2014, 01:24 PM
Banned

ok thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 11:04 AM

Thumbs up

Can certainly vouch for Chrome Prince as far as after sales help goes, he has a comprehensive product and is always available to help you with anything.
As far as adding things of your own go, I can't see that being a problem as he designed and programmed our own database from scratch which is fantastic!
His pricing for "extras" is extremely reasonable and his patience with continued requests from us for extra things and changes to our setup is first class.
Would highly recommend you to contact him, we will certainly continue to use him for ongoing work we have.

Merry Xmas, hope you all find a winner today!
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:38 AM

Default Simple Software

Any suggestions for some simple software. I want to select all races them manually select horses to lay. Mainly need the software to lay those selections using Maria staking at BFSP?

Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:33 AM

Michael and Chrome,
are the softwares you provide download and install type to have the basics and then the fees are for data and maintenance for the installed program/s to run on ?

I have looked at both web sites, navigated and not sure what the programs are anymore.

Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo
Any suggestions for some simple software. I want to select all races them manually select horses to lay. Mainly need the software to lay those selections using Maria staking at BFSP?

Thanks.

Most of the bots should be able to to that. I use BF Bot Manager which has the ability to select all the races, manually select horses to lay and has a Maria staking plan that you can change values or go with the normal set up (picture shows in pounds but of course you can use dollars).

After many years of use I have yet to find anything that works automatically but, it seems, I am forever the optimist (but not always).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Maria staking.JPG
Views: 973
Size:  29.4 KB  

― Earl Nightingale
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=The Ocho]I use BF Bot Manager which has the ability to select all the races, manually select horses to lay and has a Maria staking plan.

Do they provide instructions on how to set this up. Their website has multiple manuals and bots. I did a search for maria and nothing was found.?