Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd July 2015, 01:23 PM

Default Betting programs - continued here

Right, probably won't get any calls,

Expression of interest, programmers and punters to discuss,nag, spill ya worries and help collectively build specific applications to compliment our own systems that cannot send bets to where we want.

We do not want subscription scenario software.

The new program code seems to be this JSON to suit tatts bet sending.

Others may have ideas that are better, like use BF, or use this or that.
At the moment it's tatts and their new coding language to integrate Excell and selections are ready to send, but can't be sent.

This is not about " how to make a winning selection system"
This is about the owners have done their tests, the dry runs, the what-ifs etc and you have what it takes to profit on your own accords.

Not interested in how much profit one makes.
Old 3rd July 2015, 02:22 PM

Sounds like you ought to pool your funds with other punters to get the Tatts betting connection and whatever else written for you? Maybe post what you're willing to spend on it to entice someone to do it for you, or maybe even start one of those kick-starter investment things.

I always thought that companies like Betfair that have an API, why don't they give away a bot framework or excel plugin to get people going? I could've used it, I made so many mistakes trying to use the Betfair API, and then all over again with API-NG. So many people must've wasted so much time and money figuring out the same stuff.

Some other random comments - best thing I ever did for my bot was to build a replay feature where I can replay Betfair updates to test my algorithms. Got burnt many times when I mistyped one little number, before I was able to test properly.
Old 3rd July 2015, 02:28 PM

I just read the other thread and realised I was repeating what others already said. Just ignore me.
Old 3rd July 2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you ought to pool your funds with other punters to get the Tatts betting connection and whatever else written for you? Maybe post what you're willing to spend on it to entice someone to do it for you, or maybe even start one of those kick-starter investment things.

Thanks
Pooling funds etc, ya need committees, trust, and all of that stuff.

Firstly, my "on-line etiquette", I don't have time to be "correct", it is what it is, black n white.
Despite the grammar at times, it may sound direct and repulsive, but f2f we all are not what the words appear to be.

Secondly, I am not a programmer, so my illustrations and terminologies may sound off-beat and bazarr, but it's an illustration, sometimes it's easier to illustrate by simply uploading a Excel workbook and show rather than tell.

And not least of all, some sad news in the sports world.......

Ok
So far I am researching the "new" Machine Language.
This came as a surprise but was hinted tatts is changing, we may not be able to do our web queries soon, therefore we may not be able to obtain the information to place onto our Excel formula spreadsheets.
Yet the formula/s remains the same.

This is the new code to log into tatts, I have tried to put this into a Excel VBA Module and it's all over the shop.
I don't know how to fix it, but I do know what it say's.

For example, where the code says;
Quote:
'userName = 'Your user Number / ID / Email here'
'userPass = “Your Account Password here”

It's obvious what it says.
But, who wants to open the module each time it's ready to send the bet ?

Therefore, the
Quote:
'userName = 'Your user Number / ID / Email here'

part is a cell reference in the worksheet
So it becomes
Code:
'userName = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value

and so
I may have the idea, but I don't "get" the program side of things.
This is the very point some of us require a programmer to offer some help.
We, (punters) do most of the development scenario, the ideal environment, but the programmers fill in the blanks.
It's win/win, we get the thing sending bets, programmers have a workbase to go from there if betting is not their thing.
If and when tatts or others change their codes, then we change the codes, not the entire workbook. In other words, we don't need to re-create the wheel, just update the tyres !

Here is the entire code, can we make this happen ?

http://media.tatts.com/documentatio...ngToteBets.html

Code:
Sub Tatts_Login() Dim sURL As String, sHTML As String Dim oHttp As Object Dim userName As String Dim userPass As String Dim Body As String Dim sessionID As String 'Add this variable to the General Declarations section for use outside of this subroutine '‘Change the details below to access your account 'userName = 'Your user Number / ID / Email here' 'userPass = “Your Account Password here” '‘Add a reference to the MSXML type library Set oHttp = CreateObject(“MSXML2.XMLHTTP”) ‘or ‘Set objRequest = New MSXML2.XMLHTTP '‘The website to login to your account sURL = “https://api.tatts.com/sales/vmax/web/account/login” '‘ The json string to send. It is paramount that the syntax is correct, the result must return: ****“Username”:”yourusername”, “Password”:”yourpassword”, “Dob”:””, “DeviceName”:””, “DeviceKey”:””, “Referrer”:””**** Body = “****“”Username””:””” & userName & “””, “”Password””:””” & userPass & “””, “”Dob””:””””, “”DeviceName””:””””, “”DeviceKey””:””””, “”Referrer””:””””****” oHttp.Open “POST”, sURL, False oHttp.setRequestHeader “Content - type”, “application / json” oHttp.setRequestHeader “Accept”, “application / json” '‘Send the login string to the server. Adding parentheses around (Body) forces it to be passed By Value. oHttp.send (Body) '‘Server response. sHTML = oHttp.responseText '‘The sessionID is required for a majority of the calls to the server sessionID = Mid(sHTML, InStr(1, sHTML, “SessionId”) + 12, 36) ‘InStr(1, sHTML, “****”) – 35) '‘Verify that the login was successful. If Mid(sHTML, Len(sHTML) – 5, 6) = “:true****” Then MsgBox “Logged ON, SessionID: ” & sessionID Else Set oHttp = Nothing MsgBox "An error occured logging on to the Tatts site. Please re-enter your login details." Exit Sub End If Set oHttp = Nothing End Sub
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:54 PM

uploaded workbook

Module 1 has the above JSON code in it.
The RED Macro Button is in Sheets:Example GUI

Module 2 has a current web query.
It's the GREEN Macro Button, also in Sheets:Example GUI
Press the GREEN button and if you are connected to the internet, it will get the race on the race list: Sheet: Rlist
This is the VBA web query code I think has it's days numbered as far as tatts is concerned.

The main game:
Sheets: Example GUI
Cell Range: B5 is a title heading.
Cell Range: B6 to B19 is titles of what the code requires, (strings)
Cell Range: C6 has a date formula: =NOW()

Cell Range: C7 to C12 is the tricky part. ( the actual string references)
These Values come from one's own selection method.
They are automatically placed there in real time, minutes or moment before the start of the race. ( or one can manually type them in if you have specific rated selections)
So far it's set up for a win bet.
The race may have already run, so we ought get a "too late" message.

If we can get just a win bet on and it works on test, then I think we come as far as we need to for the interim.
From there we are across a finish line (or a hurdle) with this new JSON code to get it happening.

To make this happen, there is the issue of the sessionID, whatever that is, that's what programmers or IT code savvy are hopefully here to help out.

If the TAB's in future change it again, at least the basics are here to fix it.
It only has to be done once in this simplified method.

There is nothing more I can do at this stage except answer questions and read more on this stuff.
Daunting to say the least.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PROJECT-1.zip (38.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 4th July 2015, 06:51 AM

A question from another formum member remineded me about the Rapid bet desktop client. It works similarly to the Net Bet in that there is a folder that you set up and any bets placed in to this folder are automaticaly placed

Placing a Bet via the Folder File Watcher

Each Account that you add to RapidBet will have a folder created where bet files can be placed for submission via RapidBet. Monitored folders will be scanned every 2 seconds for bet files. Any bet files placed in a monitored folder will be automatically submitted by RapidBet. You can turn off the monitoring of a folder by deselecting the Monitor checkbox.

NOTE: Accounts will need to be added to RapidBet via the Account Settings tab before it can be added to the Folder File Watcher.

Add an Account to the Folder File Watcher:

Step 1. Open the Folder File Watcher window. Select Folder File Watcher from the RapidBet Control Centre menu and select the Open Watcher Manager... option from the menu.
Step 2. Select the Account you wish to add from the Account drop down menu. Tick the Monitor checkbox if you want the folder to be scanned regularly.
Step 3. Click Add to confirm the selection.

Rapidbet betting using the Bet String Format is available for the following betting options:

Parimutuel/Tote Racing
NRL FootyTAB (currently only available for NSW TAB accounts)
AFL FootyTAB (currently only available for VIC TAB accounts)
You can learn how to construct parimutuel race bet strings by placing bets using the tab.com.au race betting screen �Expressbet� view mode and observe how they are constructed in the Code Bet area near the bottom of the betting page.

Note: It is important that NO spaces are included in any of the bet strings - this includes the end of the string.

Parimutuel/Tote Betting
Batch File

The batch file is a plain text file that contains the details of one or more bets. Each bet must contain at least six (6) components and must be separated by a dash "-":

1. Venue Code
2. Race Type
3. Race Number
4. Bet Type
5. Amount(s)
6. Selection(s)

Bet String Format

[Venue Code][Race Type]-[Race Number]-[Bet Type]-[Amount 1]-[Amount2]/[Selection(s)]/

The client can be downloaded from here http://tabinfo.com.au/rapidbet/

It contains a help file with all the relevant information.

I think it would be easier for you to create a text file with your bet rather then wait to see if anyone will help.

Im not in a position to invest my time at this stage, the Json protocol is on my list in the near future but regrettably not at this stage.

Just in case you need it here is code to create a text file

Code:
Dim fso as Object Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Dim oFile as Object Set oFile = FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\My Bet Construct Folder\MyBetText.txt") oFile.WriteLine "Write a betstring here" oFile.Close 'Here is the code to copy the created file to the folder that rapid bet is watching. fso.CopyFile "C:\My Bet Construct Folder\MyBetText.txt", destination path, overwrite Set fso = Nothing Set oFile = Nothing

Its been a while since I did any work in VBA but those should get you close
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 4th July 2015, 10:18 AM

Thank Michal
The log code errors at;
Quote:
fso.CopyFile "C:\My Bet Construct Folder\MyBetText.txt", destination path, overwrite

The VBA are examples, it gets through trying to explain, the "illustration" rather than finding words. But it's what I use.

If a programmer can see the "picture", then it can be taken to whatever language code is proper.
Anything past VBA (Record Macro) for me is complete nightmare, but from the Record Macro, it's where I clean it up, I learnt that much. Even the Dim stuff and UDF's is a nightmare. Can't "see" what it does.

However, having said this, once I have the TAB number where I can work with, all the clutter removed as that example, then I get to work, the numbers are in the respective cells, formula can do all the sums for my strategy and get to my selections, results, book-keeping, profit/loss graphs,( up to this point in real time), then statistics to evaluate if a particular set of parameters is viable to bet over a period of time.
In one web query, it's running at the moment at least 5 different methods of real-time prospective selections, only betting on 1 of them cos it passed the test.

ON Test,
Because it is so quick from Results of the last Bet Race to determine the Win/Loss. if Win then do this and If Loss do that, to the next Bet Race, sometimes 1 minute before advertised race start time, my system may show how many units to bet up on the screen, and on the 2nd computer the web page is ready to click click and click to place the bet, and I need that bet to win, if it's not automated bet sent, I may as well just let it run on Test mode and walk away because human error is highly probable.
Yes, I have made a typo error and won, very rare indeed to win that way !

Bet Senders coupled onto one's own system is important part of the process, no mater what code language one uses, as long as the Sums add up, be it an Ancient Abacus found in a cave from Tibet, VBA or the latest "alien" computer code, 1+1 = 2 , Punters don't have time or what it takes to quickly learn to code, they/we/me are more focused on the main game, the next race.
:-)

I'll be adding more workbooks, tools so to speak, that first workbook was a quick knock up to start the thread.

The RapidBet did not install on this PC, I think it's XP issue and not concerned about it at the moment. Just waiting for the release of Win10 and probably some time out doing another migration from XP to 10. Finger crossed.

I have a custom built txt logging code, use it for error checking the VBA.
I'll upload that later, race are about to st

later
Old 4th July 2015, 12:24 PM

Puntz
I'm a programmer by profession and this seems horrendously complicated compared to the many bots which run on BF.
I understand if you don't want to change but that is my take on it.
Old 4th July 2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
A question from another formum member remineded me about the Rapid bet desktop client. It works similarly to the Net Bet in that there is a folder that you set up and any bets placed in to this folder are automaticaly placed

You wouldn't have that desktop client you could email me by any chance?

shaun2166@hotmail.com

The old Betstream program worked a treat for this and gives access to 2 different pools if you have the accounts.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 4th July 2015, 02:05 PM

Speedy,
well, it's either ready to bet those same selections on BF or tatts.
The selection process is real-time info from tatts.

It's now doing AR3.
In a few moments probably -1 Min ( depends) before race start it will "tell" me what to bet on for Win.
That's precisely when the bet needs to be sent.
Everything else is working it's waiting for the result, then does the bookeeping, and then the next race in my list, Albury

Photo 3rd shows up on the program,

it chose 3, but there are 8 selection methods to choose from, I'm testing the 3. The Betfair selection
If it was a BF bet sent, will it be matched euither way in time ?