Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th July 2015, 08:02 AM

May be too forward thinking before the fact, and that is;
from past experienced with 2 models of auto-bet sending I worked with, is it still probable the first send does not connect with the TAB's server due to over-load at their end or for whatever reason un-seen yet ?
If this is still the case hopefully on rare occasions, then does a "re-send bet" needs to be considered in our end of the codes ?

Obviously some sort of "signal" needs to be in the reply mechanism after the bet was sent. ( this is taking into consideration everything on the sender's side of the process is error-less)

Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
it appends, rather than over-writse

In your code you open the text file for appending. Change:
Code:
Open strFileName For Append As #iFileNumber
to
Code:
Open strFileName For Output As #iFileNumber

For the rest, you should read the String Format Guide for RapidBet first: http://tab.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/...ated+290812.pdf

Most basically, the string format you write to your file needs to be like thus: [Venue Code][Race Type]-[Race Number]-[Bet Type]-[Amount 1]-[Amount2]/[Selection(s)]/

The [VenueCode][Race Type] part of the string you've already got: it's "BR", or whathaveyou.

Similarly for [Race Number] BUT it must be two digits long. That is, if it's race 1, you need to send "01".

[Bet Type] needs to be one of the following values:
WP = Win/Place
QQ = Quinella
EX = Exacta
DUE = Duet
TT = Trifecta
FF = First 4
RD = Running Double
DD = Daily Double
QL = Quaddie
BG = BIG6 (single meeting)
Bn = BIG6 (cross meeting
where n = 1, 2 or 3)
PY = Parlayformula

Let's presume you're Win betting, so [Bet Type] would be "WP"

[Amount 1] refers to the Win portion of the bet. According to the guide, "The amount field must have 5 digits prior to the decimal place and 1 digit after the decimal place." That is,
00000.5 = 50 cents
00001.0 = $1.00
00005.5 = $5.50
00100.0 = $100.00

[Amount 2] is the place portion of the bet, which would be "00000.0", if you're just win betting.

[Selection] is the runner number (this field can get a bit more complicated given bet type. See the Guide for more details).

So your line where you write to the bet log text file should change from:
Code:
BETLOG Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C3").Value & "-" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3").Value & "-" & _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E3").Value & " " & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3").Value

To something like:
Code:
Dim betString As String ' add the "[VenueCode][Race Type]-" section of the string betString = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C3").Value & "-" ' add the "[Race Number]-[Bet Type]-" section, ensuring the Race Number is 2 digits long ' (and presuming the user isn't silly enough to put MORE than 2 digits here If Len(Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3")) = 1 Then betString = betString & "0" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3") & "-WP-" Else betString = betString & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3") & "-WP-" End If ' now get the units to invest in the correct format ' this is a little painful 'cause Excel is so "helpful" Dim unitsLength As Integer unitsLength = Len(Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3")) Dim decimalPointLocn As Integer decimalPointLocn = InStr(Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3"), ".") If decimalPointLocn > 0 Then ' there is a decimal point in the units field ' check if there's only 1 digit following it: If Not decimalPointLocn = Len(Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3")) - 1 Then MsgBox "More than 1 digit after decimal point in Unit field" Exit Sub End If While unitsLength < 7 betString = betString & "0" unitsLength = unitsLength + 1 Wend betString = betString & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("f3") & "-00000.0/" Else While unitsLength < 5 betString = betString & "0" unitsLength = unitsLength + 1 Wend betString = betString & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("f3") & ".0-00000.0/" End If ' finally, add your selection number betString = betString & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("e3") & "/" BETLOG betString

Lastly, change:
Code:
Write #iFileNumber, strMessage
to
Code:
Print #iFileNumber, strMessage
This won't output quote marks to the bet file.

When you open your bet file, you should see something like this:
BR-01-WP-00010.0-00000.0/5/
Old 6th July 2015, 01:48 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks walkermac, clarification helped immensely.

Did read the help files.
Old 8th July 2015, 10:58 PM

OK, "got" your code walkerm.
Next is RapidBet needs to be sorted out with customer service in the next coming days, get "invalid account" for some reason.

Anyway, I noticed it only does pari-mutual bets, not the fixed price range.
This changes things in regards to the strategy within the formula of the staking plan.
In particular, Expected Return and Actual Return sums before,( when bet is sent) and after results are received.
On paper and pencil it's not a problem. It's amending a formula from it's current fixed prices, to suit pari-mutual for the Win/Paid_Under scenario.
Minor delay.
Old 9th July 2015, 06:45 AM

I think that while there looks like a functionality to bet fixed prices wit the Tatts API, In reality I don't believe that it will work. What happens when they reject your bet? Change the div? I believe that its for these reasons that Rapidbet dosent offer fixed bets.

I cant find the info regarding the fixed bet in the TAtts documentation only how to place it, may be if the amount is below a certain amount, it may be passed through?

Would be interesting to know what their response is in this regard. Axis is already able to create bets Automatically from systems, unattended. It does this by going through the days racing race to race and at a certain time to jump it collects all prices and information and then runs designated systems which produces the selection. You can set the time to jump that you want this to happen. That process takes about 2-4 seconds. In the background Axis also collects time changes to starting times, scratchings, jockey changes, track condition changes and distance changes. So when the system runs it does so on the latest information possible.

So the next step is to start placing the bets. I suppose it shouldn't be that hard to do, but the problem with automation is not doing the bets at all, its the programming that everyone forgets in the excitement. Error recovery. What happens when internet goes down, bets are rejected, matched partially, for less money, the server returns error and so on ........ All these issues need to have recovery procedures and that takes ages and the real world often produces scenarios you might have never even thought of!
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 9th July 2015, 07:33 AM

Oh yes Michal, test after test after test on these auto-bet systems.
One to consider, I had implemented in mine, ( the paid version when teletxt was data feed), that is;
After bet is sent, how long does it wait for results ?
Let's say the race start is 2.00pm
Bet was sent 1.59pm
So now the system is waiting fora result, it needs 2 numbers, what won and what it paid to complete the cycle, then move on to the next race.
But, you have'
Late Scr, Late start, Protest, etc etc.
So by now it is 2.15pm and there is still no result
Question is how long to wait, and if you apply the solution and there still is no result, what about those 2 required digits ?
Hmm,
Solution I used was, a time limit, lets say 20 minutes. So if by 2.20pm there is no result for whatever reason, the system "assumes loss"
Therefore the result calculation is "Loss" and these minor things get adjusted later. Or,a "super duper you beut" system "remembers" and tries to recover results later and makes those adjustments.

I had sounds on mine, it used the wav files in windows, and a few others I downloaded.

When results were calculated and it won, it be a cash register sound.
That way did not have to keep checking all the time, I check things when it mattered, New Balance !

Last edited by Puntz : 9th July 2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:44 AM

I use a cash register sound too, and it drives my wife crazy! Also have a klaxon sound when I miss the bet due to price moving away from me.
Old 9th July 2015, 08:02 AM

Fred, I had dog barking sound if it liked a Greyhound race, the cat scattered and clawed the speaker, < grin>

Quote:
I think that while there looks like a functionality to bet fixed prices wit the Tatts API, In reality I don't believe that it will work. What happens when they reject your bet? Change the div? I believe that its for these reasons that Rapidbet dosent offer fixed bets.

Quote:
Change the div?

I'm sure if a fixed price bet is submitted, let's say $2.50, it remains the 2.50 payout div, regardless of fluctuation later on.
I remember asking this at the TAB's teller, after I wager a fixed price bet, then if that fixed price changes after I paid, do I get paid what price I wagered at time of bet?
He said yes I get the price at the time when betting.

Quote:
reject your bet?

Considering all things are correct your end, depends what the reasons are.
I have seen the fixed price column on rare occasions the word "Suspended"
Not sure yet if it's for the showing of prices at that particular moment, or all bets are off. Then the next update the "Suspended" goes away, very closer to start time though. Might be a "stop all bets" thing on their side if there is a plunge happening, just assuming. I really don't know, it's rare.

Last edited by Puntz : 9th July 2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 9th July 2015, 08:42 AM

You ask for $1000 at $3.00 and back they come saying its $365 at $2.8. Now do you then accept the bet or not. (So no bet has as yet taken place) That is what I mean by div changes and unfilled or partially filed bets. Or the bet gets rejected all together. Happens all the time!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/

Last edited by Michal : 9th July 2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 9th July 2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
Oh yes Michal, test after test after test on these auto-bet systems.
One to consider, I had implemented in mine, ( the paid version when teletxt was data feed), that is;
After bet is sent, how long does it wait for results ?
Let's say the race start is 2.00pm
Bet was sent 1.59pm
So now the system is waiting fora result, it needs 2 numbers, what won and what it paid to complete the cycle, then move on to the next race.
But, you have'
Late Scr, Late start, Protest, etc etc.
So by now it is 2.15pm and there is still no result
Question is how long to wait, and if you apply the solution and there still is no result, what about those 2 required digits ?
Hmm,
Solution I used was, a time limit, lets say 20 minutes. So if by 2.20pm there is no result for whatever reason, the system "assumes loss"
Therefore the result calculation is "Loss" and these minor things get adjusted later. Or,a "super duper you beut" system "remembers" and tries to recover results later and makes those adjustments.

I had sounds on mine, it used the wav files in windows, and a few others I downloaded.

When results were calculated and it won, it be a cash register sound.
That way did not have to keep checking all the time, I check things when it mattered, New Balance !

I have the issue of results now, can't rely on the program i use to supply results so what i do is before the next bet is due to be sent i check results then, depending on the races you bet on this could give you a window of 5 minutes or more

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee