Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th December 2017, 02:29 PM

Finished off Bunbury now and added another 3 races.

So I should be on 22 races from a possible 52 races.
Old 29th December 2017, 02:38 PM

Forgot to add my target profit is now $700 with those extra races.

So far I have made $140 today already.
Old 29th December 2017, 07:13 PM

I was just browsing through the races I have left for today and I noticed something very weird about one of the races. The odds were not in alignment with my expectation. In fact they were so far out I have decided to drop the race. My opinion on this is that the market is a much better judge then me so I have scrapped betting in one of the races..

I'll keep tabs on it and see if I would have won but I won't be putting any money on it.
Old 29th December 2017, 08:59 PM

Update at the end of Day 7:

Day 1: $3070 Loss
Day 2: $790 Profit
Day 3: 0 (Christmas)
Day 4: $1660 Profit
Day 5: $660 Profit
Day 6: $740 Profit
Day 7: $990 Profit

Almost hit 1K for the day but not quite there. The week ended at $1770 which is a nice profit but it isn't the $2000 I wanted. That loss on the first day really hurt and took all week to recover.

I can still average $2000 a week if I can get more then that in the next 7 days. If I don't hit a losing day then that should be possible.

Pretty happy so far as the efforts are starting to show in the results. I'm learning lots more as well just by spending so much time looking at the form.
Old 29th December 2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I was just browsing through the races I have left for today and I noticed something very weird about one of the races. The odds were not in alignment with my expectation. In fact they were so far out I have decided to drop the race. My opinion on this is that the market is a much better judge then me so I have scrapped betting in one of the races..

I'll keep tabs on it and see if I would have won but I won't be putting any money on it.

Turns out my market was right and was spot on. Its nice to know that but I wouldn't expect that in most cases. Considering the difference it could have added another $300 to the profit. That would have got me to the 2000 for the week. Still I am happy to have stayed out of the race.
Old 30th December 2017, 11:46 AM

Done the first 5 meetings for the day and the races look tough. No clear winners or chances in a lot of the races. This is disappointing but I have held my nerve and not taken on races which are suspect.

Out of the first 5 meetings done there are a possible 42 races. I can only find the clear chances in 11 of these (around 25%). My rough estimate from these 5 meetings is a profit around $275.

I am hoping the other 6 meetings are a bit ore clearer on the chances.
Old 30th December 2017, 01:02 PM

Finished handicapping a few more meetings now.

I have handicapped 64 races today and come up with a possible 26 races to bet on.

I still have the late meetings (Rockhampton, Ascot and Darwin) to handicap.

I am currently aiming for a target profit of $850 today.
Old 30th December 2017, 03:28 PM

OK finished handicapping and have a break between some races.

I have handicapped 85 races today and decided to have a bet in 36 of them.

My target profit for today is $1300.
Old 30th December 2017, 08:54 PM

Results:
Week 1: $1770 Profit
Day 8: $2460 Profit

Total Profit : $4230

I had a very good day today blowing my expectations out of the water. The profit for the day was larger then my weekly profit target and has taken me above the fortnightly goal of $4000.

The odds today just seemed to be good and better then I expected but still within an acceptable range for my chances. While my odds were good I did put in a lot of hard work today to get that profit. I spent over 5 hours looking through the form and second guessing myself and rechecking selections. I had thrown out another 13 possible races after extra consideration but reviewing them now they all would have been profitable as well. But I am happy I didn't take the chance on those races as losing is contagious.

I am pretty tired today and really don't need to do any form tomorrow but I'll probably try and get it done in the morning when I am refreshed. I think handicapping is as mentally exhausting as any job I have ever done.
Old 30th December 2017, 10:52 PM

Time to give up the day job UB, no doubt about that! took me 25 years to turn a profit, well,....... consistently that is