Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19th March 2018, 04:19 AM
thorns thorns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 728
Default

enjay, what are the divprices based on?

single tote, best tote, or betfair pricing?

If its single tote (im guessing this as it looks like how bet selector spits out results), you can probably make a small profit simply by trying to get the best price.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19th March 2018, 07:11 AM
Shaun Shaun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 5,318
Default

If you are going to try the parlay method it is simpler to take the stake you would have used for your parlay, for ex $11 and bet 60% on the first selection, if it wins add all return to the remaining 40% then split this in to 60% and do it again, if it lost bet 60% of the remaining 40% and so on.

This way you could set 3,4 or 5 runner parlay, what ever amount of runs, the choice is your's, the returns are very similar to what you would get if you did it through the tab.
__________________
One Drive

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
_______________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19th March 2018, 10:05 AM
enjay enjay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 271
Default

Correct thorns, it is bet selector and based on Tattsbet TAB prices. Thanks for the input.\
Thanks Shaun. I am aware of that way for parlays. BTW if any member is interested, I have an automated parlay program that I can forward (if I can get my head around how to do it.) Flick me an email to exandx at hot^&*l.com
Thanks for inerest from others as well.
enjay
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 19th March 2018, 06:27 PM
Lord Greystoke Lord Greystoke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
If you are going to try the parlay method it is simpler to take the stake you would have used for your parlay, for ex $11 and bet 60% on the first selection, if it wins add all return to the remaining 40% then split this in to 60% and do it again, if it lost bet 60% of the remaining 40% and so on.

This way you could set 3,4 or 5 runner parlay, what ever amount of runs, the choice is your's, the returns are very similar to what you would get if you did it through the tab.


Nice one Shaun. I remember you posting about this approach eons ago but gave up trying to find it in 'the haystack'.

Cheers LG
__________________
Many punters on here can make money just looking at the prices of the horses without having a clue on the form analysis - Vortech
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19th March 2018, 06:43 PM
Lord Greystoke Lord Greystoke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjay
Correct thorns, it is bet selector and based on Tattsbet TAB prices. Thanks for the input.\
Thanks Shaun. I am aware of that way for parlays. BTW if any member is interested, I have an automated parlay program that I can forward (if I can get my head around how to do it.) Flick me an email to exandx at hot^&*l.com
Thanks for inerest from others as well.
enjay


Hi enjay - thank you for your kind offer mate - have sent you an email.

Cheers LG
__________________
Many punters on here can make money just looking at the prices of the horses without having a clue on the form analysis - Vortech
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19th March 2018, 07:28 PM
Shaun Shaun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 5,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Nice one Shaun. I remember you posting about this approach eons ago but gave up trying to find it in 'the haystack'.

Cheers LG


I know what you mean, there is a trifecta result estimate formula out there somewhere, i have to find it one day.
__________________
One Drive

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
_______________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 19th March 2018, 07:56 PM
Puntz Puntz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
, there is a trifecta result estimate formula out there somewhere, i have to find it one day.


Shaun, is that the Rodger D"s formula ?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 19th March 2018, 08:09 PM
enjay enjay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjay
Correct thorns, it is bet selector and based on Tattsbet TAB prices. Thanks for the input.\
Thanks Shaun. I am aware of that way for parlays. BTW if any member is interested, I have an automated parlay program that I can forward (if I can get my head around how to do it.) Flick me an email to exandx at hot^&*l.com
Thanks for inerest from others as well.
enjay


I have hit a hurdle. Have the program but when I go to send it (.exe file) I get it returned with following. :- Subject: Emailing: Program p magic.zip
Delivery of the email was stopped!
The message has been blocked because it contains a component
(as a MIME part or nested within) with declared name
or MIME type or contents type violating our access policy.

I have a few requests for it and will send if I can get some assistance on how to do it.
enjay
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 19th March 2018, 08:24 PM
Lord Greystoke Lord Greystoke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I know what you mean, there is a trifecta result estimate formula out there somewhere, i have to find it one day.



Hows about this Shaun?

I currently have one formula for the trifecta which is: (H1 x [(H1 x H2) - 1] x (H3 + 1)/(H1 + 1)) - 1, where H1,H2 and H3 are the odds for the selected runners.

LG
__________________
Many punters on here can make money just looking at the prices of the horses without having a clue on the form analysis - Vortech
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 19th March 2018, 10:24 PM
Shaun Shaun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 5,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
Shaun, is that the Rodger D"s formula ?


Honestly not sure, there were 2 floating around here at one point and one was more accurate than the other, probably been about 10 years or so that i had seen it.
__________________
One Drive

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
_______________________________________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved . ACN 091184655