Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 5th April 2022, 05:06 PM
Unstable Unstable is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 20
Default

I agree Shaun, prize$ is a good indicator to Race Class. My point is this, a horse 14 days ago, ran in a BM64 Ballarat, $35,000.Today the horse is at Hamilton, BM64 $35,000. Has the horse gone up in class or not?

The Ballarat race had an average HCP of 63.9 (SUM all horses HCP/Field size).

The Hamilton race had an average HCP of 61.1.

Looking at those figures, the horse is going down in Class but still in a BM64 race.

I would think a Country Bm64 would have a Average of around 59 in most cases.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 6th April 2022, 05:00 PM
Chrome Prince Chrome Prince is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 4,363
Default

Thanks for all the input guys, it gives me some indication of where to start.
Quote:
"I agree Shaun, prize$ is a good indicator to Race Class. My point is this, a horse 14 days ago, ran in a BM64 Ballarat, $35,000.Today the horse is at Hamilton, BM64 $35,000. Has the horse gone up in class or not?"


My way around this is to look at the average career prizemoney of all runners (add them up and divide by the number of runners to give you a figure) and compare them, because many times race prizemoney will steer you wrong, in other words,
__________________
RaceCensus - powerful system testing software.
Now with over 399,000 Metropolitan, Provincial and Country races!
http://www.propun.com.au/horse_raci...ng_systems.html
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 7th April 2022, 10:53 AM
Unstable Unstable is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 20
Default Python

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
My original ratings were started from the cyberhorse VFG, buck then i would copy and paste the data to excel before i started to use vba to import data.

I now use python to import the same data from the TAB.
The ratings i listed may look a little strange as they are used to look up this data from imported form, i have always had issues with comparing country, provincial and metro form, incorporating the race prizemoney helps.


Hi Shaun,

I read you are using python, can you recommend a free web site that is good to learn from?

I have done small bits and pieces of python but I'm not advanced by any means, any help would be much appreciated.

Unstable
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 7th April 2022, 07:44 PM
Shaun Shaun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
Hi Shaun,

I read you are using python, can you recommend a free web site that is good to learn from?

I have done small bits and pieces of python but I'm not advanced by any means, any help would be much appreciated.

Unstable


This channel has some good stuff in small amounts so easy to follow.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Codemycom
__________________
One Drive

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
_______________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 7th April 2022, 07:59 PM
Unstable Unstable is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 20
Default Pyton

Thanks Shaun,

Also, I have your wonderful Impact Ratings SS, I have added my New Ratings to macro, however, the Prices sheet, give a error #REF! New Ratings will not load to the RacePage.

Code:
New Ratings Rating Rated % Rated Price #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! 2.00% #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! 2.00% #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF!


I know it's been a while since you created the SS, are you still using it?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 7th April 2022, 08:56 PM
Shaun Shaun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
Thanks Shaun,

Also, I have your wonderful Impact Ratings SS, I have added my New Ratings to macro, however, the Prices sheet, give a error #REF! New Ratings will not load to the RacePage.

Code:
New Ratings Rating Rated % Rated Price #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! 2.00% #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! 2.00% #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF! #REF!


I know it's been a while since you created the SS, are you still using it?



It would rely on the old Qtab site, that no longer works, with python you can access the JSON data from the TAB
__________________
One Drive

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
_______________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 7th April 2022, 09:19 PM
Unstable Unstable is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 20
Default Pyton

Okay thanks Shaun
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 9th April 2022, 12:09 PM
peter m peter m is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
The Ballarat race had an average HCP of 63.9 (SUM all horses HCP/Field size).

The Hamilton race had an average HCP of 61.1.


Unstable, a question, maybe a dumb one.

Do you mean that you add up all the different weights of the horses in a handicap race and then divide by the number of horses?

Also is that before or after scratchings?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 9th April 2022, 04:05 PM
Chrome Prince Chrome Prince is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 4,363
Default

Hi Peter, I could be wrong here, but I think he means the handicap rating, not the weights carried.
__________________
RaceCensus - powerful system testing software.
Now with over 399,000 Metropolitan, Provincial and Country races!
http://www.propun.com.au/horse_raci...ng_systems.html
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 9th April 2022, 04:08 PM
chook chook is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 14
Default free turorial python

try
tutorialspoint,com.python/index.html
that gives examples of the language elements.
i have not tried:
learnpython.org,
freecodecamp.org
i might have used:
pythonguides.com
The best books are from O'Reilly
the cookbooks are good as is Python in a nutshell
Zed Shaw Learn Python The Hard Way third ed gives you a good intro with exercises
HTH
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved . ACN 091184655