Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th April 2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

Chiefs-Stormers 27-25
Crusaders-Bulls 40-25
Highlanders-Hurricanes 28-20
NSW-Brumbies 26-24*
Sharks-Reds 28-27
Cats-Blues 27-28

Happy with that chiefs scoreline. Stormers a strong chance, great form right now. Should be good to watch. Motivation for both teams, more so for the chiefs.

Crusaders-Bulls, happy with that. Not a great game for the crusaders, but they should be too good for the bulls. Crusaders will be looking to pick up the full 5 points here. They'll probally take the points unless they get out to a comfortable margin where they'd gor for the 4 tries.

Highlanders-hurricanes. Ah the house of pain. Both teams really just playing for pride now, still should be a good watch.

NSW-Brumbies. I really hope the bookies make NSW a slight dog!!! Brumbies will be overrated depsite NSW showing some great form on the weekend. I think NSW might get home by more than 2, maybe my 5-10 points. Big motivation here, more so for NSW. Brumbies obviously want to clinch #1 but NSW is fighting to stay in the comp. Sell out home crowd as well.

Sharks-reds. Well well, reds will probally be +7.5 or so here so my system recommends them. Can I lose for the third week in a row on the reds? Yeh I probally will. I admire my dicipline though. Motivation will also be a factor, as the sharks will really want to win this to stay in the hunt, otherwise they may be relying too much on the results of the other teams.

Cats-Blues, bookies never learn so hopefully cats will be >+7.5. Probally will only be +4.5 or +5.5 but I will be happy to back them.

Old 21st April 2004, 11:02 AM
Banned

Here are the current lines:
Chiefs +2.5
Crusaders -11.5
Otago -1.5
NSW +3.5
Sharks -13.5

Well my system has the chiefs -2, so I guess I know what I'll have to take (really didn't wanna go against the stormers, but is a home dog :smile:

My system says 15 for the crusaders, so it looks like I'll be taking the home team.

Highlanders-hurricanes, home team -1.5 for me.

NSW another home dog. I also don't know why they're a medium dog. Will have home crowd, motivation na confidence/belief after last week. I'd pick +3.5 even if I wasn't using a system.

Well my system says the sharks, but only just. Can I lose for the third week a row on the reds?

Old 22nd April 2004, 04:41 PM

Mr J,

Keep ya eye on the final lineup for the Chiefs as my contacts tell me Adrian Cashmore will be starting at Fullback....and we all know what he did for the Blues till he went to Japan in 2000.

squirter
Old 22nd April 2004, 05:14 PM

Squirter,
Thought Todd Miller was filling in for Crichton...anyone know if Lowen is playing? If not the Chiefs will be vulnerable in the centres.
Old 22nd April 2004, 06:56 PM

Mr J,
The Chiefs certainly have the motivation but sheesh...those Stormers look strong right to the reserves! Not sure about that game...

Reckon the Cats have a chance against the Blues and NSW look a better team with Berne at Five eigth but as you know I rate the Brumbies but it would be good to see a Warratahs win!

Reds have let me down before so I will stay away especially in SA...did Flatley go with them?

Crusaders will be glad to be playing at home and will need to re-group and tighten up their defence around the rucks and flanks...Good luck...
Old 22nd April 2004, 07:14 PM
Member.

Yeah, it looks like Flatley will play this week Desi. Don't really think that'll be enough though.
Old 22nd April 2004, 11:01 PM

Agree with you Sports...for some reason I have soft spot for the Reds..they have had some bad luck this season...really lacking class in crucial positions...Flatley will bring some balance and much needed experience but they will require more than that to even come close!
Old 23rd April 2004, 06:57 AM

Desi,

My understanding is this...both Lowen and Miller are out injured, in comes Maisey and McQoid and there's nothing wrong with these two replacements either...this is a
HUGE game for the Chiefs so the bolter could be Cashmore and he loves cutting it up from the back. Also out is Honeck and Holah is rated 50/50 but I would suggest he'll play. The paddock's hard and fast too, she'll be one hell of a game, pity, I'll miss the Test on my way home.
Old 23rd April 2004, 11:59 AM
Banned

I haven't factors like injuries or motivation into my system.

Desi I know you rate the brumbies as invincible for some reason. They really are overrated but I guess I'm the only one who sees it :wink:

My system says the chiefs and they're a home dog so that's enough for me to bet. Like I've said before, the stormers are a very strong road team and will definately give the chiefs a match.

Reds have failed me 2 weeks in a row, and I'm thinking they'll do it again. +13.5 might be enough to make it a close game though.

I have NO problem backing NSW +3.5.

Anyway here are my bets:
Crusaders -11.5
Chiefs +2.5
Highlanders -1.5
NSW +3.5
Reds +13.5

All at 1.95.

System says blues by 2 so I should take blues outright at 1.96, don't wanna go against a home dog but it's all about dicipline so:

Blues 1.96
Old 23rd April 2004, 12:59 PM

Squirter,
Should be a cracker...Chiefs v Stormers but Honeck and Lowen are big losses and I thought that Maisie was suspect in defence and his decision making with the ball in previous matches...but I reckon the Chiefs will be fired up though...is Hill playing? Adrian at the back would be a welcome bonus for the Chiefs...J Gibbs has been fantastic for the Chiefs pack and will have to be at his best to counter a very strong set of Stormers forwards...they play a very good disciplined tactical game and have some talent out wide...

Mr J,
I have a lot of respect for the likes of Gregan, Larkham, the back 3 and some of the forward pack in the Brumbies (in terms of their experience and ability to handle pressure)...individually, there a better teams around but ACT have proven themselves when it counted. Only the individually brilliant Blues and consistent Crusaders (who had mainly ABs) managed to beat them in the finals... It really is do or die for the Warratahs but not just in terms of this year's finals...credibility is at stake!

Personally, on recent form and without a sound First 5, I can't see the Blues beating the Cats..so will be taking the Cats on a line bet. Home dogs rule LOL!

Agree with all your other calls Mr J ...hoping Flatley can curb what could be a bad day for the Reds...