Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th April 2004, 06:26 AM
Member.

Mr J,

Great effort getting 6 from 6! :smile:

By the way, for the purposes of my Home Dog system, I actually use the odds outlined by TAB Sportsbet, and they didn't have line betting on the Chiefs/Stormers or Cats/Blues because they considered them too close. I CAN and DO use other bookies to bet with, but I stick to the simple rule that if TAB Sportsbet considers the game too close to have line betting then I won't use it in my system. As a result, I had just one bet for my Home Dog system this weekend (NSW +4.5). I also backed the Crusaders over 12.5, so 2 from 2 for me this week.

What on earth happened between the Reds and the Sharks??? That's got to be the lowest score in S12 for ages!!!

Old 25th April 2004, 06:36 AM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-04-25 03:49, Mr J wrote:
Yep NSW with a great chance, they should win both of their remaining games.

You're obviously putting them down for a win against Qld then. I know that form says they probably should win, but I know just how much the Reds lift for this game and they will want to keep that unbeaten record intact. That is one of the major problems with the Reds. If they played every week with the same intensity that they show against NSW, they'd make the semis every year! :smile:
Old 25th April 2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

With NSW vs the Reds, I'd take NSW but then again I'd be biased. Thank god I use a system. You're right, the reds will probally be a different team when it comes time to play NSW.

Desi, I did back the reds at +13. At 6-5 it probally would have been the worst game of the season to watch.

That makes my system 44-10 this season. Absolutely crazy, almost don't believe it.

Old 26th April 2004, 11:53 AM

Good on you Mr J...I backed off but hoped that the Reds would stem the scoring tide and play for pride...they showed some steel and guts against the Sharks.

The Reds game against NSW is going to be a cracker! NSW forwards will get some confidence from the Brumbies game and that will help their talented backline but they can't afford to fall away in the second half...Berne has proven he has ability at first five and we all know the talent out wide...

I underestimated the Blues resolve and organisation this weekend and maybe they can put something against the Sharks which will definitely allow the Warratahs a good chance to get into the 4. Its going to be an interesting weekend for at least half the teams!

Good luck one and all!
Old 26th April 2004, 03:36 PM
Banned

I think NSW has it easier than some of the teams above it. They play the highlanders at home (good chance of 5pts) and the reds away (4pts).

The Stormers must play the crusaders and sharks, both away. It's likely they must win both and I doubt they will. Don't think the stormers will be in the top 4 come the semi's.

The chiefs must defend against the bulls (should win) and brumbies (toss up) at home. The chiefs definately have a much better chance of winning both than the stormers do, but I'd think NSW has it easier.

The sharks play the blues and stormers. They will probally have to pick up 10 points to beat NSW (nsw will probally get 9, but sharks need more due to F/A). I highly doubt the sharks will pick up 10, so unfortunately I don't give them much of a chance (time to start laying off that 150.00 future).

The crusaders play the hurricanes and stormers. A bit harder than what NSW has it, but could very well win both and stay in the 4.

I think the top 4 will be:
Brumbies
Crusaders
Chiefs (maybe stormers)
NSW

You're right Desi, this weekend might decide the top 4.
Old 27th April 2004, 09:27 AM

A blow to the Stormers Super 12 chances with former Springbok captain Corne Krige banned for eight weeks for head-butting.

Reported Krige will retire from Super 12 and likely leave South Africa to play in England at the end of the season.

Old 27th April 2004, 09:54 AM

Paddy,
Great player that he is, Krige has always had discplinary problems and as captain has let his team down on previous occasions. Reminds me of the 'old school' SA forwards. He certainly gives it his all and plays with lots of passion. Will be a loss all right.
Old 27th April 2004, 01:37 PM
Banned

The chiefs also have around 5 playes that could be out against the bulls this weekend. Mostly forwards as well.