Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th June 2004, 03:07 AM

Hey guys,
Have been out with the flu and coming on top of a bad betting weekend...I probably needed a good rest LOL!

Whats been happening with the Management warnings and moderator interventions!!!!

Anyway, another interesting weekend (as always around Origin time)...there are always upsets and I cant see that changing this weekend...

I see that BK isn't playing for the Knights against the Cowboys...going to be a close one but Newcastle shouldn't have lost last week and should be fired up to taking this one against the Cowboys (who will put on a fight but just lack the class required with their Maroon reps missing).

The Dragons to sneak in against the depleted Panthers, Storm to beat a gallant Rabbitohs side (will be close initially before the Storm draw away) and the Raiders to beat an in form Sharks at home...Cronulla will miss Stevens more than their halfback Kimmorley at Canberra.

I thought that luck and Hindmarsh (again) played a big part in the Eels win against Newcastle...there will be no Nathan and their luck may run out against an improving Sea Eagles team...should be a high scoring affair given the poor line defence on both sides.

As for the Warriors, they will need more than muscle to beat a strongly defensive and fit West Tigers team. If Jones continues his form (however) at Christchurch then they will score enough against Wests who will miss Marshall and Prince.

Will be taking the Knights, Dragons and Manly on line bets...go the Maroons! Good luck guys for the weekends...

Hey Sports...see you have been doing well in the horse picks mate...good on ya!!!

Anyone got any bolters for the Euro 2004????
Old 11th June 2004, 09:30 AM
Banned

Well guys I took the dragons at 2.02 at pinnacle. When I checked this morning they were 1.95. Now they're 1.87.
Old 11th June 2004, 10:59 AM
Banned

Newcastle +9.5
Canberra -3.5
Kangaroos(AFL) +31.5
Dividend $3.15
I think its close to a sure thing
Old 11th June 2004, 11:41 AM
Banned

Roll your own has closed on Canberra raiders
Sport odds current start is -10.5=$1.90
h2h raiders in to $1.30 from $1.36
Cheers
Old 11th June 2004, 12:38 PM
Banned

Ok got the rest of my NRL predictions.

Stg 2.02
cron +8.5
new 2.13
sth +13
eels -2.5
west +2

I have St George winning it by 3, so better than even money was great value in my eyes.

I totally agree about the Knights Goldmember. I have them winning it by 2 points, so better than 2.10 was a steal!!

I think the spread is generally good for the raiders-sharks, I have the sharks covering by less than a point but at 2.10 there's value IMO.

I have the Eels getting home by just over a converted try, so the -2.5 was good for me.

Now to the tigers. I actually have them winning by 2, and the fact they are a home dog is comforting. +2? Yes please.

Last of all, Souths. My system actually has them as a winner by one point!!! +13 gives alot of room for error.

This week my system has predicted 4 of the 6 dogs to win outright. Let's see how it goes.
Old 11th June 2004, 01:17 PM
Banned

Think stgeorge will win, have the wood on penrith and they seem to get up when there under strentgh,fall short when they are expected to win, plus heard there is a virus gone through the panthers camp.

Hmmm, raiders are very average team,with davico and o'hara back,playing at home and kimmorely out for the sharks, they will probably get away with it, maybe.

Knights/cowboys, lot of players out and a few playing injured,cant pick it,50/50.the knights will rely on o'davis and k. gidley, his inexperience or rush of blood cost them last week against the eels.

Storm - to many match winners in their team, dont know what souths are going to do.

Eels originally,great record over manly, but losing witt and no hindmarch, 50/50.

W/tigers giving up a home game to play in christchurch might bring them undone,the warriors playing in NZ 2 weeks running might get them over the line.
Old 11th June 2004, 02:02 PM
Banned

Looking at the starts for each team so far this year:
- GIVING START + RECEIVING START
-PENRITH [7] WON 2,LOST 5
+STGEORGE [5]WON 3,LOST 2

-RAIDERS [9] WON 2,LOST 7
+SHARKS [8]WON 6,LOST 2

-COWBOYS [3] WON 0 LOST 3
+KNIGHTS [7]WON 5,LOST 2

-STORM [6] WON 3,LOST 3
+SOUTHS [11]WON 5,LOST 6

-WARRIORS[6] WON 3,LOST 3
+W/TIGERS [9]WON 6,LOST 3

-EELS [6] WON 2,LOST 4
+MANLY [11]WON 6,LOST 5

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-06-11 14:04 ]
Old 11th June 2004, 02:04 PM
Banned

Whoops. I had the Tigers at home...

Why would they do this? How can they call it a home game? Amazing.

Counting this as a home game for the Warriors I have NZ by 5.

This isn't very fair, it's the same as giving them a few extra home games each seasons.
Old 11th June 2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

Maybe trying to emmulate the bulldogs, who have had a lot of success over there, or trying to get more supporters and monetary gain.
Old 11th June 2004, 02:12 PM
Banned

How is crowd support over there? How does travel effect the dogs?

Should I rewrite it as an away game for the tigers? I can't how how they could have an advantage there.

I have the chance to back the warriors for a sure profit.