Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th June 2004, 06:49 PM

some nice winners there will check figures later tonight..
starting to like that old coot :smile:
Old 1st July 2004, 02:38 PM

Maverick,

On the 18th of June,(looking at Sat. 19thJune) shouldnt you also have Br, 7 h3. I only very quickly checked the Sportsman and noticed that ,but I could be wrong.
I assume Sat. and Wed. betting are the best days for this. I don't think you can bet midweek as I don't know where you will get the info. from to get the selections, where as Wed's and Sat's are easy because you have the Sportsmans.
Have you researched this for any period ?
Old 1st July 2004, 08:08 PM

Hi Emu...I think you are refering to Domine in the cup and you are right it should of been selected..
I've been only following this system from the start of this thread and haven't done any research at all..i guess i never gave it much of a chance but the figures so far have been surprisingly good.
The system gets alittle hard during carnival time when you have the best jockeys in Sydney and Melbourne riding in Brisbane for instance.
What i've done so far is starting from the top of the jockey table make my way down to the first three that are riding that day in that state.
Then you have great jockeys who have missed half the year because of suspensions or injuries or even because they are riding overseas. Maybe win strikerate is the way to go with a minimum amount of wins.
I'll just keep on going at the moment the way it is and keep a record of the figures.
But if i get the time i will do alittle more research..
As for betting midweek ?? it would take alittle more time but working out a win strikerate isn't that hard and there would have to be some of the top 15 jockeys riding there. I might try it tomorrow if i get the time.
So far you can argue the figures ..
Old 2nd July 2004, 08:52 PM

Qualifiers Saturday are
Flemington
R7. Clowns
R8. Sports
Rosehill
R1. winaqua
R5. fair Copy
R6. our axeman
R7. terrace
r8. dane fever

Not a great day but Clowns paid nicely

[ This Message was edited by: Maverick on 2004-07-03 19:29 ]
Old 4th July 2004, 12:59 PM

Hi Maverick,
Old 4th July 2004, 01:04 PM

Hi Maverick,

Yesterday I only got Sr8 h13, Mr7 h7, Mr8h2

3 bets for that $7 winner or so.

I didn't get the other 4 Sydney races you mentioned as Waterhouse is 4th (I think, check the Sportsman) ,and don't know about Sr7h3. I think I'm right.

Cheers.
Old 4th July 2004, 06:51 PM

Hi Emu .
Waterhouse is 2nd at Rosehill and 2nd in Sydney by my sportsman..her and hawkes are way ahead of the third trainer.
In Sydney yesterday i had
Hawkes,Waterhouse and Rogerson
jockies were Beadman,Quin,beasley.
Sunshine Coast were Bailey,hawkes and Guy
Jockies were katsidis, Colless and Galloway.
shame how Sreaming halo jumped from barrier 10 hey :smile:
I'm glad you've been following the system Emu have you done any research ?? i've just been to busy..
the figures so far are encouraging :smile:
Old 5th July 2004, 04:03 PM

Hello Maverick,

I looked at the Sportsman for Sat. 3rd July and got the following.
Sydney (jockeys) Brown, Beadman, Cassidy. (not Quinn) and (trainers) Hawkes, Waterhouse, Rogerson.

Sunshine Coast (jockeys) Pope, Browne, Rodd.
(trainers) McLachlan, Miller, Mair.

I just look at the box with the top 10 jockeys and trainers and look at the top three.

I haven't done any research yet. I might go through my Sportsmans and see what I can come up with. If people out there ,who have databases that can check this system, can report back it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 5th July 2004, 04:29 PM

Hi Maverick,

Sorry about that.
I see where I went wrong. Your looking at the trainers and jockeys premiership table(that takes up an entire page for the whole state), and I was looking at the trainers/jockeys each individual MEETING standings. (the smaller boxes at each meet with only ten listings.

Which way do you think is better ? I think your way is better and easier, but I did get fewer bets on Saturday for the same $7 winner.

Cheers.
Old 5th July 2004, 09:29 PM

Hi Emu .
I think that table you've been using would be good for the country tracks..as trainers usually have there horses worked and started there more often....
But the premiership table seems the one ..but i'm still debating on how to chose the jockey's....winstrike rate doesn't help..but i think we should take into account jockey's riding from interstate..especially come spring time..