Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th July 2004, 07:17 PM
Suspended

Well my Multis will have Collingwood at -20.5 @ about $2.02,but the way they are being backed,Fridays price will be more like -26.5.
Oh well.Like Rex Hunt says,"you can only catch the fish that are there".
Old 28th July 2004, 10:39 PM
Banned

Rabbitz, are you offering to pay me at
1000-1??????

Less than 50-1.
Old 29th July 2004, 08:28 AM
Member.

Honesty time: After that game 1 this year, I actually thought about backing Hawthorn for the top 8. Luckily, I decided to hold off for a game or two. GOOD DECISION!!!

By the way, in my pre-season predictions, I had Collingwood finishing 2nd!!! That's one prediction I'm SO GLAD went terribly wrong.

This was the way I predicted the ladder would be after the home and away season:
1 Port Adel
2 Collingwood
3 Brisbane
4 St Kilda
5 West Coast
6 Essendon
7 Sydney
8 Fremantle
9 Hawthorn
10 Geelong
11 Adelaide
12 Kangaroos
13 Richmond
14 Melbourne
15 Carlton
16 W.Bulldogs

Well, I guess I had 3 of the top 4 right, and most of the teams are reasonably close, but look where I had Melbourne and Geelong. I should have taken more notice of the pre-season form. And as usual, I under-rated the Kangaroos. West Coast have been disappointing, although I wasn't to know they would lose Gardiner. That's made a big difference I think.

Anybody else have some opinions earlier in the year that have turned out to be totally ridiculous. Come on, own up. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-29 08:37 ]
Old 29th July 2004, 10:40 AM
Banned

O.K. Mr J is down for 1000-1
Anybody else
cheers
Old 29th July 2004, 10:43 AM
Suspended

Gee Sportznut.You must have read Mofo's post and copped guilt feelings big time.
In all seriousness,I think it's good to see that other people don't seem to get it right all the time.
I have a heap of useless St.Kilda for the 2004 Premiership tickets.
What I have learnt this year,is it is very hard to tell whether you are getting overs the earlier from the event,you place your bet.
Stick your head out the window and their is a good chance of predicting todays weather correctly.What about weekends weather.No chance.
I have now limited my betting to Home and away games and am killing them.
Could be the Law of Averages making up for all my losses upto Round 14.I hope it's more that I have learnt something by sharing Knowledge with others who can see the forest without the trees getting in the way.
Old 29th July 2004, 11:03 AM
Member.

Mo, I'm not going to say 'I told you so' or anything, but remember at the time that I couldn't really understand why you kept on betting on St Kilda week after week, when I thought one bet was enough.

Anyway, St Kilda can still win this year you know, and I'm quite happy with my ONE bet at $8. Mind you, I'm also happy that I got on Brisbane when they got out to $3.85. With all of my other futures bets, including final 8 and quinella bets, I'm not looking too bad this year.

Mo, won't you do pretty well if the Kangaroos make the 8? I'm pretty sure you mentioned backing them along with St Kilda and Geelong to make the finals.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-29 11:09 ]
Old 29th July 2004, 11:12 AM
Suspended

Thanks Sportznut for your support.
I suppose stubbornness is an essential part of an addicted gambler,and taking well meaning advice immediately is quite difficult.
I can't count how many times of made similar mistakes in my gambling.
DISCIPLINE.
I'm a hypocrite in that I suggest what others should do,without having the will power to do them myself.
But that doesn't make my suggestions invalid.
What I have found,is that participating in this forum and putting the words down in front,makes it sink in.
Old 29th July 2004, 06:50 PM
Banned

Moeee, those melb /richmond stats were what happened in past games, not my thoughts as i never gave richmond any chance in that game.
As for the collingwood / richmond game this week thats only my tip BECAUSE IM NOT THAT DESPARATE TO BET ON THAT GAME as i have backed collingwood a few times when i thought they could win and the BLUDGERS threw the towel in, i couldn't tip richmond, and the pies are CRAP, i nearly tipped a draw and changed my mind, so i dont give a ******** who wins as i bypassing the game altogether.

cheers
Old 29th July 2004, 07:32 PM
Suspended

Yes I understand about the stats,Goldmember,but it wouldn't be hard,after the game,if Richmond won,to show via the stats why they did.But they won't,as they didn't last week.
So what I'm saying is that the stats are what they are.Whether you attach great importance to them is a skill we all need.
Like Sydney's ability to run well with the Lions,shows up in the stats,so I would be wary of taking too large a minus with Brisbane.But with the Tigers,all the dramas surrounding the club far outweighs the stats and in fact negates any use of them in analysing that game.
I have heard a rumour that you either love or hate Collingwood.Goldmember,do you have any knowledge about this?
Old 29th July 2004, 07:43 PM
Banned

I had followed collingwood since 1980, but since betting on games from 2001 i have no favourites when putting my money on, but i do like watching port and the lions play, as i have heard essendon and recently collingwood are teams you love to hate as were manly and now the roosters are in the rugby league.