Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd August 2004, 05:00 PM

Chuck,

Had me tea and changed me mind about 1/2 back. Nick Farr-Jones is in. Delete Benazzi and in comes Ian Kirkpatrick. Out goes Serge Blanco (reserve ) in comes J P R Williams. ( Christian Cullen reserve ) What beautiful running fullbacks in their day. And that Benazzi is hard to leave out as well....chuck 'im on tha bench.

Prop. Must be Wilson Whineray and as Captain, and yeah, we'll have Eales over McBride as lock. Shame about Micheal Lynah though and Phil Bennett was another cracker.

Interesting....saw a photo in one of my books of the 1921 New South Wales Rugby team doing an Aboriginal War Dance before a game here in the same year (1921)

You name Lomu....he's just out of Hospital after having his Kidney transplant and reckons he's got unfinisherd business in the Black jersey. ************ed if I know.

Cheers.
Old 3rd August 2004, 11:06 AM

Hey guys, still in recovery stage but can't resist the temptation to chat on the forum...

Great post Chuck!

Reckon Eales has to be in the team and what about Gareth Edwards at half and some of those 1970's Lions front row...Sth Africa produced some incredible forwards and George Nepia, Don Clarke were AB greats...

I reckon Richard Hadlee was one of the most underrated players...his bowling strike rate alone rates highly and he was useful with bat in hand.

By the way, what are the odds for the Boks to win the Tri Nations?
Old 3rd August 2004, 12:30 PM
Member.

$13 at Sportstab.
Old 3rd August 2004, 03:47 PM

Desi me ole mate,

If ya go back through time re 1/2's you can talk of Laidlaw, Super Syd, Des Conners the Aussie who represented both countries, and many others, but how many come up to Farr-Jones's standard, none in my book. In Chucks team he names probably the best 1st. 5 ever to chuck on the No.10, but by having Farr-Jones at 1/2 you'd have to have Lynah at No. 10, who was right up there with the best ( but don't tell tha Aussies that they'll give me a free Pass-Port next ) Nepia ! he played 24 games out of 24 in 1924....I'd give me left ball to have seen him play....DB, nah. When JPR. played they likened him to George Nepia thats why he's got my vote, and Cullen right up his clacker. Just been called for tea.

Cheers.

Old 3rd August 2004, 04:28 PM

The Boks winning the tri-nations !!!!

Won't happen Desi....maybe next year at the earliest, but they're on their way back, make no mistake.

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2004, 08:01 PM
Banned

Why won't it happen? They're in a better position that NZ. Picked up bonus points from both away games. If they can win both at home, and Aus beats NZ (they will), then they're the new champs.

They pushed NZ and Aus right to the edge, think of how they'll do at home.

The series should come down to whether SA can hold both games.
Old 4th August 2004, 07:59 AM

Mr. J,

It would be a brave man that puts money on the Boks. I can't quite see where they're in a better position than the AB's or the Wallabies for that matter. At this stage the points are.
AB's 8.
W'bies 5.
Boks 2.
If the wallabies win on Saturday they will lead by 1 point, but if the AB's loose by less than 7 they pick up 1 point which puts us back even again, then we both have the South African trip. There are so many variations regarding the bonus points and at the end of the day we have the FOR and AWAY situation where the AB's have the better record. As for Saturday night, she'll be a ************ good game.
If ya got a sack full of money stick it on the NZTAB the W'bies are paying $2.15 H2H, or $3.25, 12 and under.

Cheers.