Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st August 2004, 08:52 AM

Hammers, you brain dead moron, you are nothing but a s..tstirrer. Here is my post, nothing like how you interpreted it.

"I read somewhere that suggested a 4/1 odds has a 17% chance of saluting the judge.

Does that mean that a 4/1 odds has an 85% chance of producing one winner every five races?"

Now go away.

Old 31st August 2004, 09:13 AM

Butternut,

I gave you an answer. It was based on mathematics.

You bleat when no one praises your wizardry (????) and no one answers your email requests.

More than one contributor has helped out but you still don't get it. I'm not s stirring, I'm trying to help you as you need it.

5 17% winning prospects do not have an 85% chance of cracking one winner. That misguided logic would mean that 6 17% prospects have 102% chance of one winner which even to a simpleton cannot make sense.

Only trying to help. I will do as you say and go away as I'm afraid you appear beyond help.

One last piece of advice. Give up the punt and get into macrame or something else - you have neither the mental agility nor the temperament to make a go of gambling.
Old 31st August 2004, 09:59 AM

a bit of fire in the forum! got to love it!

&, whilst i am no mathematician, i would think that hammers has hit the nail on the head!!
Old 31st August 2004, 12:58 PM

If each of your selections is a 17% chance of winning, then the chance of backing at LEAST one winner out of 5 bets is about 60%.

This is calculated by working out the probability of backing NO winners in 5 bets and is equal to .83^5 = .3939 = 39.39%. Therefore if there is a 39.39% chance of backing NO winners in 5 bets then there must be a 60.61% chance of backing one or more winners. This is based on the assumption that each bet is independant of any other.

See JFC's post for breakdown of chances as they are correct!

[ This Message was edited by: AssumeTheCrown on 2004-08-31 14:00 ]
Old 2nd September 2004, 10:26 AM

From Hammers to me "One last piece of advice."

If ever I need advice from an imbecile I'll give you a call. You would have to have the IQ of a house brick. If you cannot see that some of my posts are tongue in cheek then you really do need to try and reverse that charisma bypass operation you had!!

Say Hi to pjjp for me, you only need to look in the mirror!

Old 2nd September 2004, 01:49 PM

Keep ya cool there ole timer.

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2004, 03:58 PM

Thanks Squirter ..... yesterday at Sandown there were three winners in five races. An outlay of $200.00 for a return of $2,003.40. This goes with the return of $3,960.00 one week ago. I'm not suggesting anything, other than consider doing the opposite to chasing one's losses, and maybe not concentrating so much on a mechanical system.

Old 4th September 2004, 07:33 AM

But A Nut

Mythical wins - still works for a boss.
Old 5th September 2004, 07:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
On 2004-09-02 16:58, Butternut wrote:
Thanks Squirter ..... yesterday at Sandown there were three winners in five races. An outlay of $200.00 for a return of $2,003.40. This goes with the return of $3,960.00 one week ago. I'm not suggesting anything, other than consider doing the opposite to chasing one's losses, and maybe not concentrating so much on a mechanical system.

Wouldn't mind getting returns like that for investment of $200.
Can't quite see how you done it.
Don't want to steal anything off you,but what's the go.Treble.all-up,quaddie,what?
Old 5th September 2004, 07:11 PM
Suspended

Hey JFC WHERE YA BIN?

Like your stuff.
Now that the AFL season is almost gone,want to get something happening with the greyhounds.
Stick around my main man.