Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th September 2004, 03:39 PM

The NFL 2004/2005 season starts this week. Does anyone have any thoughts as to who might win the next Superbowl?

I follow Tampa Bay who won it 2 years ago but dont know how they will fare this year. I think that the Indy Colts will be hard to beat this year if they have improved their defence.

The good thing about betting on the Superbowl winner is that with 32 teams in the competition the odds are great. I have bet on several teams to win it - Indy, Seattle, Minnesota, NY jets, Green Bay, Tampa Bay.

I think that Seattle might be the smokies this year. I got odds of 34.0 a few months ago and they are now as short as 12.0 after a good preseason. I also think that the 26.0 on offer about Minnesota is great value.

I think that Indy and Seattle will play off in this seasons Superbowl.

Old 8th September 2004, 05:09 PM
Suspended

Stick your Yankee crap in your hankee,chap.

Waiting for the opening prices on this years fly wall crawling championships,meself.
Old 8th September 2004, 05:18 PM
Banned

We get a weekly report on the BSB from Dick [Fein ?]who is the leading sports journalist from the USA and he is from seattle and said a while back they were a real chance this year, i always listen to him as he is very astute.

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-09-08 17:19 ]
Old 8th September 2004, 05:30 PM

Thats pleasing to know goldmember. I hope his mail is on the mark but I guess there may be some bias with him coming from Seattle.

Its interesting to note how much these blokes get paid compared to AFL players. An ordinary NFL player can get $10 million AU a season which is far greater than what the best AFL player would get. I guess it is much the same when comparing American baseball and European Soccer wages with Australian sports.
Old 8th September 2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

He isnt really biased, any reports i hear i'll pass them on, he was spot on in the NBA last season,[ didnt tip the SONICS] and a lot of the NFL leading up to last years superbowl.

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-09-08 17:55 ]
Old 8th September 2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

I bet you Moee if you put your mind to it and followed a bit of form youd make more money on the yankee crap than you would following dishlickers
Cheers
Old 8th September 2004, 10:22 PM

Do you mainly do spread (points start) betting with the NFL
Old 9th September 2004, 08:49 AM
Member.

AssumeTheCrown, that $34 about Seattle IS good value. Last year two of the teams I backed made it to the Super Bowl. Carolina ($81) would have been a GREAT result, but New England ($23) was still good. Can't really expect to do that well again.

I find this a good place for NFL info:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...main/index.html
They preview each team and all the results and 'Dr Z' ranks them all from 1-32. Normally, they are fairly close to the mark too, but for your sake, I really hope they're wrong about Tampa Bay!!!

And I find these guys are pretty good tipsters as well:
http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/us_spo...ual_162052.html
I must admit that's actually where I got the tip for Carolina last year.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-09-09 09:14 ]
Old 9th September 2004, 09:23 AM
Member.

Mo, I personally find Gridiron to be a silly, boring sport, but that doesn't mean I won't bet on it. Because it's an american sport, you can find LOADS of free info and tips to help you out. Also, there are stacks of games to bet on each week and as AssumeTheCrown said, with 32 teams, you can get some real value on the Super Bowl.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-09-09 10:42 ]
Old 9th September 2004, 11:33 AM
Suspended

Just because something is available is a pretty ******** poor reason to partake in it.
I do need to fill the punting void created by the seasonal demise in AFL,but not at the expense of sitting through an event that I dislike.Or worse still,an event that I cannot get to see.
And that is the key to my punting.If I don't have the opportunity to watch my money go round,it's better off in the bank.

You wait Rabbitz!
I'll crack them greyhounds.It's just those paltry pools,and wildly fluctuating dividends that make it difficult to get overlays.