Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th May 2002, 08:57 PM

I recently recieved a letter by mail from one Paul M Matthews of Woodville Place , Annerley, Qld regarding a horse racing manual and staking plan that he states has had considerable success for a number of years, which he is selling for $58. I was wondering if anyone out there has purchased this manual and if so, was it worth the paper it is written on or is it just another misleading and useless publication. I note that there is no contact phone number and only a P.O Box number is given which, immediately send the alarm bells ringing, I would appreciate any feedback on this.
Old 13th May 2002, 10:05 PM

Crusher, I haven't seen it (or even heard of it) but personally I wouldn't bother. If he is selling it then it probably doesn't work (not well enough to make money on anyway). If there is no phone number and only a PO box then it has "rip-off" written all over it!

Just my opinion :grin:
Old 13th May 2002, 11:01 PM

I find that if you stick to the main facts like.....fitness...form.....class....strike rate....put all those things together with a rateing figure and you can make your own system that will work fine..
Old 14th May 2002, 12:19 AM

It amazes me that anyone can expect to get paid for a system without providing past and future stats - I.E. Daily selections and results. Also if it's so good they wouldn't need to sell it, they would use it themselves.
Old 14th May 2002, 11:38 AM

I agree...if i found a system that made money the last thing i would do is sell it......lol
Old 14th May 2002, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the replies which basically reinforced my belief that anything being sold as a winning system is most likely to be quite the opposite. Having said that, their must be some decent educational horseracing books out there for punters keen to put in a bit of effort to assessing form weights etc.. to enhance their abilty to pick winners. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 15th May 2002, 03:18 PM

I have this book. It does provide proof of winning 44/52 Saturdays in 1994 (details of every bet) after claiming in an ad published prior to the year that it would win on 40 days, but you'd better have balls of steel to pull it off.

Also included is some general discussion on racing and info on lots of tracks.

I haven't run a check on it for any other time period however I do believe it will win ...... eventually.

Don't think it is worth $58.
Old 10th June 2002, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
On 2002-05-15 15:18, thekey wrote:
I haven't run a check on it for any other time period however I do believe it will win ...... eventually.

Don't think it is worth $58.

Did you run a check on the system yet? I can't believe you think it will win in the long term but it's not worth $58. If it will win in the long term it's worth it's weight in gold.
Placegetter
Old 10th June 2002, 10:40 AM

Check out http://www.inracing.com.au

They have an array of punting books from only $10 & computer programs .

I`ve a few things from them & its good punting info which all punters should arm themselves with.

Plus a high percentage of profits goes to the Children`s Cancer Research Unit, so you will be helping a bunch of kids out less fortunate than us aswell.
Old 10th June 2002, 10:56 AM

The reason I say it's not worth the money is because anybody who has done grade 10 maths could figure this out. It is very simple.

The main reason I haven't followed up on it is that at one stage in the sample the bet required was 18% of the original bank. This is when your mind can start playing games on you and if you alter from the plan, your stuffed.

Like I said previously, it will work ... eventually, but how deep are your pockets?