Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th May 2005, 09:02 PM

Without really studying the race as yet, my opinion may change, but going on what you have pointed out above definately looks like a genuine chance. Willie command certainly has had a path for a win, and you may get decent odds for him also. I will wait until wednesday to decide but I will keep him in mind.

Well spotted mr ed hope he wins for ya!!!

On emlozza, I went over for caulfield guineas last year and had a fortune on him (my bet of day) in the thoroughbred stakes, because of how smart he was, he won well. Couldnt believe seeing him pop up in a sunday race at sandown. I will keep track of this horse, he will win a few more yet.
Old 30th May 2005, 09:52 PM
Banned

Been Following him for awhile Mr Ed... with some nice results...
not sure hes right up to city class ...but i havent seen the field..
has a nice turn of foot at the business end...and settles well ...
i'll wait till i see the field though before i jinx him into last ..
Old 31st May 2005, 09:26 AM

He certainly should be some value as there is some good country form going into the race with rural law and also Spirit of Marscay who's form around Great Sandy and Senor De Lago stacks up well for this. Also got a recent Sandown winner in Our Court engaged, all of this with a probable wet track, now i know why i called it quits!

I backed Tahni Girl in that race L2B, she ran third i think the second horse rn a top race, Miss Mooney Mooney or something like that. I backed Emlozza at her next start on Cox Plate day @ $2.50 when she was raped by Tenacious Spirit and nearly fell ******** over, she then ran in the Hilton, she is a top filly. I really can't catch her though, I saw her first maiden win at Bendigo i think and was impressed so backed her at $7 in a Mooney Valley night meeting only to run second to the little known filly Ballet Society, so i got off and her next start she walked in at the Valley beating another ordinary filly in Hollow Bullet.

Last edited by Mr ed : 31st May 2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 31st May 2005, 09:43 PM
Banned

Mr Ed..

Just looked at the that Race with Willie Command..
pretty tough race i think...Willie will like the speed and i'm guessing there will be alot on..Rural law and Our Court will want to lead ..Campaign will want to be there as well..
I've been on campaign and he won very impressivly last start..and if they go hard in front he'll be there just off them and give a good sight,,,
Willie and Spirit Of Marscay will both be there and i wouldnt right off physique and Hong kong Cheri..lol....
to hard for me this race..i've been on Campaign and he was so impressive that i'll stick with him,,but he'll have to be nice eachway odds..
If its wet Spirit of Marscay will be a big show..

Nice trifecta race this one Mr Ed ..but if you like Willie i'd stick with him because he should get the tempo to suit..

Good Luck

ps..Check out Statice in the 5th...must of had probs but 2 runs have been very impressive...might be a show at odds..
General Conclusion and Limited Impulse look good aswell..

some good races around for a Wednesday
Old 1st June 2005, 12:28 AM

Wink

Cheers mate, will certainly have a look. Do you remember that Tip of the day thread Mav, my first post on it was Opio Miss to win at Bendigo and you liked Scarlet Scene if i recall. Opio Miss looks near on unbeatable tommorow, in every aspect, extremely well in after claim, small field suits no matter what tempo is set, extra distance big plus i think she is a very promising stayer, and form when taking ground off Joy of Flight and Umber classes above tommorows very average field. I will take anything @ even money or over, but think i could be struggling to get it. Her good win at Bendigo was also on dead ground so another plus, she really looks to have these covered, thoughts?

P.S It was Truly Wicked who raped Emlozza not Tenacious Spirit who was falsely accused and has been aquited of all charges.

Cheers ED

Last edited by Mr ed : 1st June 2005 at 12:52 AM.
Old 1st June 2005, 11:34 AM

Wednesday is here and its a good solid raceday.
My selections for today are as follows.

Sydney race 3 no 3
IM NO SQUARE.
his run against sir ernesto was quite solid and should appreciate the extra trip here. Nothing wrong with the stable or jockey either.

Sydney race 5 no 1
FREEDOM REIGNS
Been placed in all six of his starts. Both races this campaign have been good racing in same class today. Dont think rise in wieght will be a factor. Hes a smart horse.

Strathalbyn race 6 no 3
SPIRITED AND SEXY
His last run at murray bridge was exeptional I thought, from barrier 15, and hes drawn much better today. Rise is distance should suit well, and with the 2kg claim from promising apprentice baker should run on well.

Good luck to all having a crack today!
Old 1st June 2005, 04:07 PM

Nice one L2B,

I got greedy and took $1.85 for Opio Miss much to my dismay. Hinton should never ride again, he simply can't get horses going he lacks everything skill, vigure, technique, he wouldn't have swatted a fly with his whips that take forever to wind up with his long arms. Anyone who gets tapes have a look at him trying to ride her out as opposed to say Baster on Hurricance Gust from the same stable or even Nick Ryan on the winner, the 3kg doesn't mean much if your not urging the horse on. I'm sure this made all the difference as she had plenty left to give.

Oh well hopefully Willie comes through with the good jock on!
Old 1st June 2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

Well Done Mr Ed hope you got on...bit short for me and even Campaign was shorter than i expected..it showed on the tote what a hard race it was with most runners backed....but not hard for you Mr Ed hope you got better than the tote ..

Had 4 2nds today Jeteye, Tellem , General Conclusion and Limited Impulse...i sure know how to stop them..

Statice was unbeleivably short...i was expecting 20,s or something..must have some ability and will keep an eye on him..

Yep i remember that thread..g...Scarlet scene was to hard to catch for me ...as soon as i jumped off she won ..

one of those days ..
Old 1st June 2005, 05:24 PM

Talking

Cheers mate, yeh i got top flux but don't know what it was. I was going to have $500 Opio Miss - Willie all up, i wanted to get that really good win, you all know the one, so i went there in the morning, when she went down my confidence was shattered and i only had 200 on him with a bookie and then left, still a great run and result, but what could've and should've been, if not for that cretin Ryan Hinton, even the strapper had a dip at him after the race, he said "Think you need a bit more time in the country mate". It was pretty funny i was thinking to myself 'country jockey' I think he mispoke by adding an 'ry'. Bad luck Mav, it wasn't an easy dea for anyone at Sandown really.

Another one to follow who will win if not his next start, very soon, is Tearinupthecounty racing in Queensland, stable has massive opinion and his first up run was extremely unlucky but good, he came down here for a spell and was backed off the map but again unlucky.

Might as well add the others in my blackbook here, Soveriegn Fire (vic provs), Miss Starnee (riverina provs), and Sunboy (Melbourne or Adelaide) metro, Opio Miss (Melbourne or Adelaide). These are the only five horses i'll bet on until i see another, HUGE RUN.

Cheers Guys might go quiet till on of these comes up.

Last edited by Mr ed : 1st June 2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 1st June 2005, 10:30 PM

well done mr ed. I had a good go on him myself.
very well pointed out.