Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th November 2005, 09:43 PM

Default Keeping Records

Just wondering whether you guys keep a record of all your bets/lays etc? I normally just keep a record of my number of bets, profit, ROI etc but have now decided to keep a record of all my bet details in order to keep TABs (no pun intended) on everything thats going on. For those who do keep an active record of the bets what do you use in order to do so? I myself set up a MS Excel Spreadsheet two days ago which calculates everything for me and also lists all my bets and their descriptions. Is their a better way, such as a website etc?

Attached is my current system which I have run for the past 3 days, it seems to do the job however i dont want to start this only to find something better in a few weeks so I'm just wondering if this is the way to go? Any advice?

Regards
Betsy

PS. Spreadsheet assumes Ljubicic will beat Roddick tonight, haha
Attached Files
File Type: xls Book1.xls (60.5 KB, 696 views)
Old 6th November 2005, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
PS. Spreadsheet assumes Ljubicic will beat Roddick tonight, haha

No need to assume anymore, Ljubicic won in straight sets
Old 9th November 2005, 11:32 PM

I try an keep records of my bets but am too lazy. Ive started with a new account now and will do it. I really like the way you have set it out, so much so im going to steal the layout and design. Anyone else like to post theirs?
Old 10th November 2005, 07:30 AM
Suspended

With a winning percentage that Betsy was showing,perhaps you should steal his tips as well,Andrew.
Old 10th November 2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
With a winning percentage that Betsy was showing,perhaps you should steal his tips as well,Andrew.
Haha, I've had a good run of late - considering I'm doing exams at the moment and not putting many hours into punting I'm happy with my results.

All tips can be found in the Gamblers Lounge at www.menstennisforums.com (Username is Breaker)

Updated Stats:
Attached Files
File Type: xls Betting Records.xls (63.0 KB, 612 views)
Old 10th November 2005, 09:47 AM

at the beginning of this year i bought a full year diary and every bet i make i write down everything. how much wagered, what i bet on and outcome and how much it payed. at the beginning of every month i noted my starting account balance with all accounts i have and at the end of every month i noted how much was in them and whether i made a profit or loss.

next year i will start with excel. i dint know how to use excel at the beginning of this year but my g/f tought me and it seems to be alot easier.
Old 10th November 2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

I keep pretty detailed records.

I have a spreadsheet recording each bet for each sport, plus the totals.

I record the date, the team, the line (if it has one), the price, the recommended price if it's from a tipster, the bet in $, the bet in units (if I don't flatbet), the profit in $, the profit in units, if the bet wins, and the cumulative total, plus where I placed the bet. I also have a graph for each sport.

I also have a spreadsheet which lists a ytd for each source of picks, listing profit, turnover, ROI & growth. This is just for quick reference.

I also have a spreadsheet with a calendar where I list the profit for each day and give weekly totals. Days are automatically highlighted green or red depending whether I profied or not. Same for weekly totals. It also has a graph which updates weekly.

Also hav a spreadsheet for keeping track of bonuses, and another one listing all my transactions.
Old 10th November 2005, 12:56 PM

Updated record:
Attached Files
File Type: xls Betting Records.xls (63.0 KB, 592 views)
Old 10th November 2005, 10:39 PM

Good stuff guys. Does anyone here have MSN? Gets a little slow around here at times...
Old 21st November 2005, 03:34 PM

Betsy, question mate.

If i have a win loss column, is it possible to do a formula win/loss x 100 to give me a percentage?