Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th November 2005, 05:03 PM

Default Rugby Union World Cup 2011

The Kiwi's are hosting it....
Old 18th November 2005, 05:06 PM

Settle down. Don't get too excited.
Old 18th November 2005, 05:09 PM

Can't help it Sportz....might yet get to battle with Mr. J
Old 24th November 2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

I'd love the kiwis to host it, as long as it isn't on the damn south island during the winter.

Ticket to fly to new zealand?? A few hundred.

Getting outfitted and getting tickets to the final? A few hundred.

Aussies beating the kiwis in the world cup in NZ?? priceless!!!!

In reality I'd probally pay up to around 50k (in 2011) to see that.
Old 25th November 2005, 05:45 AM

Talking

G'day Mr. J,

Nah mate, she'll be up here in NZ. (Auckland)

Aussies beating the AB's here in gods rugby heaven !!!!!! crikey Mr. J there'll have to be massive improvements in all aspects of Aussie rugby before you can get within a bulls roar of doing that....sacking Jones would be a good first step, but hey, you've got a WC to think about in 2007 which we will also win. Cocky eh !! just my Aussie heritage.

The ARU are not in our good books of late after voting for Japan to host the world cup.

More importantly....can Stacey and his gang knock the mighty Aussies off their perch on Sunday morning ??
Old 25th November 2005, 02:00 PM
Banned

"there'll have to be massive improvements in all aspects of Aussie rugby before you can get within a bulls roar of doing that...."

Lack of imagination and organization of the backline (despite having so much talent back there) and the performance of the tight 5...ouch, the tight have have been so painful to watch. This sort of thing would never happen to the ABs.

Throw in some creativety and the backline is already the quality of wc champs, but I really dunno how they will fix the tight 5. Maybe johnny H just needs to talk to his immigration department and let in some more kiwis and poms.
Old 30th November 2005, 06:21 AM

Talking

Hey Mr.J,

"Creativety"....

Again, don't blame the players blame the dicks that select them. A few sackings at the very top starting with the ARU chairman Kumar followed by the selectors then Jones and Greegan and your half way home....by-the-way, Nucafora's hiding here in Auckland and doing a stirling job....the ARU could do itself a favour by appointing him as Aussie selector-coach.

Cheers mate.
Old 30th November 2005, 06:40 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirter
The ARU are not in our good books of late after voting for Japan to host the world cup.

Kiwis, don't hate me for saying this, but they voted EXACTLY as they should have done.

I don't know why we are just expected to vote for NZ simply because we're your neighbours, instead of voting the right way for the future of Rugby which was so obviously Japan. Are we going to just continue to spread the World Cup around the same handful of countries over and over again or are we going to try to expand the game and make it more popular throughout the world. A World Cup in Japan would have been brilliant for the sport.
Old 30th November 2005, 11:03 AM

Cool

Sportz, if the future of rugby is Japan, then next time Auzzie has an opportunity to host the WC, stand aside and give way to Japan.

The facts are at home we will be unbeatable in Japan you had a small chance.

On this issue Auzzies are full of it.

Go the champion Kiwis and the mighty All Blacks.
Old 30th November 2005, 02:06 PM
Banned

Wouldn't call you unbeatable at home...I guess you guys have selective memories

A rwc in japan would be great. They're nuts, and there's no way I wouldn't fly up for it.

Yeh the backs were lacking creativity. I caught the last few minutes of the game vs wales and it looked great. A good expansive running game which is what aus really needs to do since it plays to our strength. Hitting up & setting up rucks mauls is terrible for us, since it slows the ball down. We need quick offloads & keep the ball moving. It creates gaps, spreads & disorganizes the defence etc, which is lethal with the hard hitting backs we have. It really plays into having tuqiri at #13, particuarly if he passes half the time. Gives him 1 on 1s and room to run, and guys like latham, big dell and tuqiri and pretty damn hard to pull up on the fly.