Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st December 2005, 06:41 PM

Exclamation ATP Tour Tennis '06

Welcome guys

Hoping to provide ATP Tour selections and writeups on a continual basis, hopefully with the same success as last season. Last year was my first year posting plays and as you may already be aware they proved quite successful. I achieved a return on investment (ROI) of over 20% and was able to turn a profit on a weekly basis.

I do not use any specific systems nor do I believe in following specific trends, I just analyse each specific match individually, drawing from what I have uncovered over my years of playing and watching tennis.

As always I will be using a 1-10 unit staking system, with the average play being approximately 2-5 units.

Feel free to offer any support, whether it be constructive criticism or just a few words of wisdom. I'm always willing to gain expereince from other punters and hopefully together we can clean out the bookies.

Good luck and happy punting

Betsy
Old 31st December 2005, 07:06 PM

Thumbs up Hopman Cup - Australia vs Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Kiefer over Arthurs @ $1.46 (Centrebet)

Kiefer is without doubt the superior player in this matchup however as we are unable to uncover what the players did with their time off I will only play this match with small stakes. Arthurs is getting on at 34 but will have a vocal Burswood Dome spurring him on. I see this one as 60-40 in Kiefer's favour and am willing to take the $1.46 available.

Good luck
Just transfering this one across from the Tennis Betting thread.

Kiefer easily accounted for Arthurs (6-3 6-4) who never really looked in it.
Old 31st December 2005, 07:49 PM

Lightbulb Hopman Cup - Session 3 (S&M vs USA)

Serbia and Montenegro vs. USA looks to be one of the better matchups on paper that the Hopman Cup has to offer. By rights this one should go down to the last match.

Djokovic is value at $2.65 against Taylor Dent. If the end of last season is anything to go by Djokovic will cause a few problems for alot of the big named players this year. He showed his talent at the '05 US Open where he accounted for Monfils and Ancic only to lose to Verdasco in 5 tight sets. My main concern is Dent's previous record (over the past two years) during the Australian summer swing. Dent has posted some great results at the commencement of the previous two seasons, including a finals appearance at Adelaide last year where he lost to an in form J Johansson. I see the match at about 55-45 in Dent's favour therefore value is with Djokovic.

I'm not sure if I will pull the trigger or not on this one but will let you know either way.

Good luck all
Old 1st January 2006, 09:33 AM

Arrow 1st January - No Selections

Djokovic has come right in to $2.20 at Centrebet from the $2.65 it opened at yesterday. I won't be playing this match as there are too many uncertainties and the value for Djokovic has dried up. A safer bet for the day looks to be Ivanovic to beat Lisa Raymond at $1.28.

No plays today

Good luck lads
Old 1st January 2006, 11:32 PM

Talking ATP 2nd January - Adelaide Int & Hopman Cup

Tomas Berdych over Agustin Calleri @ $1.44

Source: Pinnacle Sports
Stake: 1.5 Units

Don't worry about their last match or Berdych's poor form early in 05, he has improved out of sight since then. The exciting thing is at only 20 years old he still has much to learn. Calleri, at 30 years old, is at home on clay. He holds a mere 5-9 win/loss record on hardcourt and should prove no match for the Czech.

James Blake over Alberto Martin @ $1.167

Stake: 3 Units

The low price doesn't concern me here as this one is money for jam and the odds reflect that. In Blake's last five hardcourt tournaments he has won two and also made the final and quarters of two others. All three of Blake's losses were to players ranked inside the top ten (Federer, Roddick, Agassi).

Martin on the other hand is a handy claycourter but is far from at home on hardcourt. If you don't like these odds, you may want to place Blake in a parlay with Berdych to increase the odds. All I can say is that this is better than bank interest!

Other Leans include:

Chela over Karlovic @ $2.00 - Hate going against the big Croat but Chela is more than worth a shot at $2
Robredo over Melzer @ $1.77 - Melzer performed well at Adelaide last year but Robredo is value here, a class above Melzer

Good luck all

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 2nd January 2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2nd January 2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Just transfering this one across from the Tennis Betting thread.

Kiefer easily accounted for Arthurs (6-3 6-4) who never really looked in it.

Hi Betsy,

Enjoy your posts, but, do you realise that a 60% chance equates to a price of $1.66?

So, by taking $1.46 you are taking way under the odds based on your assessment?
Old 2nd January 2006, 09:19 AM

Question

Thanks for that thebookie, my percentage estimate of Kiefer's chance of success was only an approximation and wasn't worked out by crunching numbers or anything like that. I've always wanted to know how to convert odds to percentages, I'm sure it's not too hard but I've never stopped and worked it out. Could you guide me in the right direction mate?
Old 2nd January 2006, 02:41 PM

Thumbs up Two from Two

Quote:
Tomas Berdych over Agustin Calleri @ $1.44

Stake: 1.5 Units

Don't worry about their last match or Berdych's poor form early in 05, he has improved out of sight since then. The exciting thing is at only 20 years old he still has much to learn. Calleri, at 30 years old, is at home on clay. He holds a mere 5-9 win/loss record on hardcourt and should prove no match for the Czech.
Berdych df. Calleri 6-4 6-7 6-4

As there is no live scoreboard for the Adelaide International if you want in game scores your best bet is to listen to ABC radio and wait for them to cross from the cricket to the tennis scores around Australia

Possibly going to play Haas over Wawrinka later this afternoon, will wait till closer to game time before locking it in though

Good luck all
Old 2nd January 2006, 04:29 PM

Hi Betsy,
Since I've read your posts, it seems you have my attention, I play tennis and I like watching it. I've never put money on a match before, but that could change.
Some of these player I really don't know enough about them, I've looked about the web looking for the best site for more info, but I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Papy
Old 2nd January 2006, 04:38 PM

Smile

Hey papyrus,

I'd probably start with atptennis.com/en/players/

You can search for individual players records and biographies or put two players in and find their head-to-head records. It's always a good start to just follow the action, watching as many matches as you can while keeping up with other results across the world.

You've chosen a good time to look into tennis betting as the players are coming back from their breaks and are often playing better/worse than the previous season. Therefore, not knowing the quality of all the players from previous seasons may help you analyse their current form, without having any preconceived ideas floating around.

Following other punters analysis can often help but you will find after some time you will start to form your own opinion on each matchup.

menstennisforums.com is a good place to go and chat about tennis betting. The Gamblers Lounge (Tennis Betting) is where most of the action takes place (My username is Breaker).

Good luck if you choose to have a punt, don't take it too seriously - at the end of the day it's all a bit of fun

Cheers

Betsy

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 2nd January 2006 at 06:30 PM.