Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th August 2009, 11:22 AM

Default Are Geelong gone?

I can't see Geelong winning the premiership. They've lost their aura. They could even be on the way down. Basically they lost the premiership they should have won last year by losing the plot on Grand Final day.
On top of that St. Kilda are now just a far superior side with much greater depth. We can no longer deny that. 19 out of 19 and a masssive percentage shows they are a class above the rest.
Geelong, when they rested a host of stars got smashed by Brisbane. St. Kilda had 8 star players out against Hawthorn who had a must win game and yet St. Kilda hardly missed a beat and easily won against the Hawks. The depth at the Saints is amazing.
Old 10th August 2009, 02:00 PM
Banned

I don't think its going to come down to who plays best against sides like hawthorn and brisbane, what will matter is how these teams play against each other come grand final day (if they meet). going back the geelong v st kilda clash, it was an extremely tight match, and i think missing Steve Johnson really hurt the cats and certainly could have swayed the fixture the other way. will be very interesting to see them meet at full strength