Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd May 2011, 07:58 PM

Default Dogs & mooee

I recall a race at Olympic Park way, way back. A really fast dog with plenty of wins under it's belt (almost champion status) called Roo Power was leading by a couple with 30m to go. Fireworks at Moomba from over the road exploded and flashed across the track and Roo Power stopped as if shot.

I kid you not ..... Roo Power raced at Olymic Park many times after this and after leading as she used to, stopped as if shot EVERY TIME ..... momentum carried Roo Power over the line but she never won a race there again.

Roo Power probably won 20 to 30 races .......
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:09 PM

May I respectfully make a suggestion, that, if you like your dogs, you concentrate on those who have a little talent and are trained by an "experienced" trainer. There isn't a "team' behind a dog trainer like there is amongst the horses,a dn followinf a decent trainer with a good dog will give you an advantage.

If you wish to back dogs at country events in lower grades, then unless you know the dog, you have buckleys. You need to be at the track, or watch replays that include the country dogs. Even then you're taking the risk that these dogs have the same access to vets and trainig facilities as the others it's racing.

Breeding throws SIMILAR traits in dogs ........ trust me. A dog that has a "cat" as a parent is to be avoided.
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:25 PM
Suspended

My memory ain't no good and don't recall Roo Power, except that it was very fast.

I don't need advice on what Form factors need to be considered.
I been messing with dogs for few years now.

How about posting a few selections in coming Races Barny to show you know how to apply your knowledge?