Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th May 2013, 06:48 PM

Default Racing programs and smartphones

I was wondering if anyone with some programming skills has been dabbling in racing apps for smartphones and if they would like to share their ideas or experiences.
As a programmer I have written an assortment of racing programs for pc’s over the past 20 years and thought it was about time I moved on and did something with smartphones.
My first app is a market monitoring program. A common function in many racing programs.
Since putting it to use I found myself using it regularly. The advantage I found is that I don’t necessarily have to be in front of my pc every time I want to bet.
Here is a view of the app http://horseracingfreeware.com.au/mobile.html

I see smartphones have Excel facilities so it may be of interest to those who can do a bit of spreadsheet programming.
Old 25th May 2013, 07:11 PM

If I used a smartphone everytime I placed a bet I would like a gambling addict. lol . I place over 300+ bets a week.

Its probably something that a lot of people could get use out of though. Most bookies have the smartphone apps so I assume there are a few out there for racing but never looked.

I write my programs to run without my help so they just run without me needing to be at the computer so have never really had a use to write a smartphone app for racing. The only one I use is betfairs so I can check how much my account balance has gone up today
Old 26th May 2013, 03:59 PM

Hi Useless bettor
Yes I can see how it can be become addictive. Fortunately I am only a small punter one that Tabcorp rejected because I did not make a big enough turnover.
I have done a few automated systems in the past but was not confident in my selection systems to let it run without attendance even though I capped the bet account limit.
The advantage I find with a smartphones is I do not have to be home to bet, particularly Saturday arvo.
Smartphones/tablets are obviously where the tabs new customer base is.
Old 26th May 2013, 06:25 PM

Would be nice to have an app for my android tablet, have not tried excel on it mainly cause no app to interface, i am currently with out a PC until i fix mine or buy a new one, been slow doing so cause i don't have internet where i am right now and rely on the tablet linked to my phone for internet use.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee